Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thakoon's Ivory Draped Dress Two Ways

Thakoon Side Draped Dress Styled
Honestly, I'm not usually an ivory dress person. I feel like I should be in a courthouse waiting to get married. Or at tea with the queen. But something about this Thakoon dress had me at hello! I think it's the blouson top with the draping on the sides, it feels very modern.

I've styled it two ways. The first is a fun and colorful look. The B Brian Atwood Laplata Sandals have laser cut leather in a vibrant purple. I love the Twisted Brass Bracelet by Kelly Wearstler, it would look amazing crawling up the arm. Finally, I love the added pop of color from the Milly Zoey Clutch in Hot Pink.

This would be great for a party or a dinner out.

Thakoon Side Draped Dress Styled
Next, I thought the dress was begging for a quiet and elegant look. I love the dark green in these Alexander Wang Emma Ankle Strap Pumps. I managed to find the matching Tory Burch Evening Roll Clutch, and while I usually don't like to be so matchy-matchy, I thought for this outfit it would work. I also love the pave look in the Rebecca Minkoff Pave Chain Link Bracelet and matching Pave Chain Link Necklace. I think I would wear one or the other, not both. This look would be perfect with a dark red lippie!


Buy the Thakoon dress at ShopBop

No comments:

Post a Comment